Love Going to Work?
At Thomas Global, our culture is vibrant and unique – our office is open and collaborative. In addition to great office perks, Thomas Global offers an attractive salary and benefits package, friendly colleagues and paid days off to support charities. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives. Be a part of a highly collaborative global environment in Sydney, Australia or Irvine, California.
Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defense. Since 1956, we have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, display technologies and specialized mission systems is strengthened by our dedicated service and worldwide support teams. As a direct result of our work, millions of people rely on our technologies for their safety every day. From our company’s offices and facilities located in Australia and the United States, we support our global customer base as a PARTNER OF CHOICE.
Driven by market-led, practical innovation, a great culture and consistent revenue growth, we work hard to unleash the full potential of every team member. As a result of our continued business growth and, in particular, the expansion of our Engineering Centre of excellence in Sydney, we are always looking for passionate engineers who are eager to deliver their best work in a highly collaborative environment offering great benefits. We hire great people and expect great results.
As the Requirements Engineer, you will work with driven, like-minded engineers, focussed on delivering quality solutions to meet customer needs. In this role, your System Engineering skills will be developed to enrich your contribution to the overall engineering outcomes. Your primary role will involve;
- Capture and manage requirements sourced from customer specifications.
- Lead the elicitation and clarification of requirements through working groups and analysis
- Manage the associated specifications within Polarion and the related traceability, monitoring and assessment of changes and impacts
- Manage Polarion files (import/ export) and the format of associated deliverables;
- Review and manage requirement traceability and verification matrices and related compliance reporting
- Review contractors’ requirement documentation and support their traceability/compliance demonstration
- Lead requirements change control process and related impact consultation with stakeholders
- Participate in technical working groups and design forums as requested
As a member of the Systems Engineering Group your secondary role will involve supporting the following disciplines;
- Integrated Logistic Support including reliability predictions and FMEA
- System Safety Engineering and Hazard Analysis
- Verification and Validation engineering including development of test cases and conduct of same.
The ideal candidate will hit the ground running and be proactive in engaging with the team, tools and program priorities. Combining an aptitude for problem-solving with a practical hands-on approach to ‘getting things done’, you will have the horsepower to execute a wide variety of complex tasks concurrently. It is expected that you will demonstrate the initiative to work effectively with limited input or direction whilst maintaining the sense of humor and a collaborative attitude necessary to be successful in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
To be considered for the role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) or equivalent (Postgraduate Systems Engineering qualifications are well regarded)
- Demonstrated experience in requirements engineering and management including derivation, elicitation, analysis and allocation of requirements, verification and validation activities with advanced competency in tools
- Military domain knowledge a strong advantage but not essential
Candidates must be able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
IRVINE, CA, UNITED STATES
Working at Thomas Global
Thomas Global Systems is an industry leader in the design, production and support of innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defense applications. Since 1956, the Company has gained international recognition for practical innovation and dependability. Thomas Global delivers expertise in avionics, armored vehicle electronics and mission system solutions from its facilities in Irvine, California and Sydney, Australia.
Why Thomas Global?
Thomas Global was founded on the belief that with vision, hard work and good ethics, anything is possible. Today, we operate as a global company!
Thomas Global’s headquarters are located in Sydney, Australia with an additional major facility in Irvine, California. Our team is focused on meeting customer needs at a local level. Meanwhile, a global management structure drives innovation in all business areas.
Thomas Global operates in a highly regulated environment, and our decisions can affect both our operating environment and the wider community. As a result, we have high expectations of our employees. We seek to attract and retain the highest quality staff that share our values and understand what we are trying to achieve together. We ask a lot of each other: open communication, professionalism, performance and a genuine belief in our business goals and corporate culture.
At Thomas Global we value the individual contribution made by every member of our team. We believe that every employee has something valuable to add to our business.
We invite our employees to embrace the values that have made Thomas Global the company it is today and look forward to hearing from our team on how they think we can grow and develop even more positively in the future.
People Just Like You
Who are we?
We are engineers, program managers, technicians, marketers, accountants, lawyers. We are technologists and innovators, product developers and customer service professionals.
Our careers cover Engineering, Program Management, Finance, Business Development and Commercial fields. We are part time, full time and casual employees that balance our careers with our families.
Our Working Together Culture
Our company was founded on the belief that with vision, hard work and good ethics, anything is possible.
When you work for Thomas Global, you become part of an organization that combines progressive, modern, innovative business practices, team-oriented dynamics and strong values and ethics. We call it our “Working Together” culture. Every team member is empowered, using good judgment, to do what it takes to make sure quality products and service are ever present for our customers.
Thomas Global is a company that offers every employee the opportunity to work with great people, and develop a satisfying career in a company that values you. We want to provide each team member the opportunity to grow and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.
Thomas Global's Foundation
The Thomas Global Foundation offers employees the opportunity to give back to the community with donations and time with charitable programs.
Thomas partner with Stepping Stone House, Royal Flying Doctor Service, Young Endeavour, and the University of Sydney.
Find out more here.
Thomas Global's Senior Leadership
The Senior Leadership Team is firmly focused on delivering on our Vision and Mission promises. Our corporate leaders have an open-door policy and work smart to help achieve our objectives. All our corporate leaders are team and values focused.
Learn more about Thomas Global’s leadership here.
Thomas Global has partnered with the University of Sydney to offer the Thomas Global Scholarship in Engineering Leadership, one of the most valuable engineering undergraduate scholarships offered in Australia in terms of financial support and leadership development.
This scholarship provides many opportunities including:
- An annual structured professional experience placement program with some of Australia’s leading firms – so you can graduate with business and leadership skills without having to extend the length of your degree
- Leadership insights, including working with Design Researcher Professor Andy Dong, the Warren Centre’s Chair in Engineering Innovation, and with the John Grill Centre for Project Leadership
- Direct access to an industry mentor
- Access to a valuable industry network with regular functions where you can meet with alumni, government and industry leaders – including from your sponsor organisation
- Additional support through online networking forums
- An annual stipend of $18,000 (tax free) to support you financially through your 4-year degree.
For further information on the scholarship program, please click here.
Contact the Human Resources Department:
To find out more please Contact Us or call phone number: +61 2 8723 6500 (Australia) or +1 (949) 596-7895 (United States)